When my son was three I began to ask him a series of twenty questions, except for when he was six (unsure what happened?) As a result I now have a collection of his opinions on the basic ‘favourites’ in life. Somethings have remained steadfast and I don’t see them ever changing (his favourite colour has always been green, I blame Hulk), others bounce around like his food preferences and some alter like the wind blows. This year we reread them together and he laughed at some of his responses. I will continue this self indulged thread until he refuses to play, a little part of me hopes he is 45 years old and still playing the game, as what we now have are a collection of memories – things come and go, but memories are often free have a priceless value.
(If you’re interested in reading his 7 year memories as a comparison Click here )
1. What’s your favourite colour? Green
2. What’s your favourite toy? Orco (giant cuddly Orca whale that’s also a puppet)
3. What’s your favourite fruit? Mango
4. What do you like to watch on TV? Mickey mouse and friends (shorts)
5. What do you like to eat at lunch? Plastic rolls (basically, for all the organic and homemade food I prepare – the boy adores a supermarket sandwich??)
6. Who’s in your family? My Mum, Dad, Pearl (our dog) stick insects, Burple (leopard Ghecko) and Nathaniel (tortoise) , fish.
7. What item of clothing do you most like to wear? My green dinosaur head T-shirt (it’s from Boden and gets a lot of love
8. What game do you like to play? Hungry sharks evolution (haven’t a clue?)
9. What’s your favourite animal? Crocodile
10. What song do you most like? Anything by stick figure – World on fire (he loves chilled music in the background when he’s reading or playing)
11. What’s your favourite snack? Raisins (This was news for me?)
12. Favourite book? Beast Quest (he loves the series)
13. Who’s your best friend? Luke
14. What’s your favourite sport? Judo
15. What’s your favourite holiday memory? Going on the cruise to see the whales
16. What do you sleep with? My teddies
17. What do you like best for breakfast? Waffles
18. What do you like to do outside? Play the game ‘it’
19. What’s your favourite drink? Mocktails
20. What’s your favourite dinner? Margarita pizza , no macaroni, or burgers, or steak, or tortellini, maybe a cheese board with grapes? I can’t pick and now I’m hungry.