Week 22 saw me tick off the final week before half term (in the UK) however, before I tell you it was like a breeze – it was hard, super hard. In the world of child protection it involves my emotions flying from zero to hero…and then back to zero in minutes, it involves complex phone calls with parents, horrendous Police interviews (the kids not me) endless meetings with social workers and often watching parents sacrificing their souls for the children they adore….
So, my featured blogger this week is ‘View from a beach chair’ – her post on meeting her Foster daughter on a Saturday (click here to read it) made me appreciate the wonderful world of carers that are out there. In a world that can often be so negative, some people love hard. From reading a few more posts it seems her daughter is soon to be adopted and I have nothing but love for this kind of family. Please check it out and show true appreciation, foster care is hard and adoption can often be a battle. For the right people it comes with huge rewards, but early childhood trauma is never a calm sea journey, I salute you all.
Please also make time to see who my cohost Hayley has picked this week – you can click here or take a peek below at the rules and press the blue linky button to read all the fab bloggers who have joined us for week 22. Today my assembly was all about being thankful, and so I would like to thank all our regular bloggers that make time for joining us week after week, you are truly appreciated and #thesatsesh would be nothing without you.
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays@mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.