Welcome to week 13 of #thesatsesh and despite my kitchen becoming mainly brick dust, working more than a zillion hours this week (and a school trip this Saturday 🙂 the week picked up, mainly thanks to my son getting a fabulous award in his celebration assembly. We were invited to attend this morning and I was lucky that my employer found cover for me at a moments notice, so I could be the proud Mamma as my son collected his certificate and shook the hands of his Headmistress. It always surprises me how emotional I am when it comes to his achievements – I just melt, which is odd for me as usually I’m extremely non-sentimental and ultimately lack any emotional response to most situations.
As always this week Hayley has picked her featured blogger so you can click the link and check out her choice, but not before reading about mine. Week 12 was competitive and I had many options – I went for Kel’s post from School Shop Run who wrote about the price tag thats attached to Christmas adverts. I have say it isn’t something that I have ever thought about, and I am a lover of John Lewis at Home…the shopping aisles are like a little bit of home style heaven…but then Kel but a spin on the ‘cost of Christmas’ and I have say it made me think about where I shop and how we respond to Christmas advertising… the challenge to be no.1 is verging on desperate and perhaps monetising Christmas takes something from the true message of the festival? I’m not sure I’ve fully made my mind up on the dilemma but I totally recommend clicking the link above and reading this bloggers review, she has a unique way of breaking down issues and Kel from School shop Run is someone I’ll look forward to reading again.
If you are joining us for week thirteen, please follow the rules, Hayley and myself will be approaching blogger that rule break, it really isn’t okay to link and run…commenting is essential and badging up is good linky practice. If you have joined us and haven’t received the comments you should have, please let us know.
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays @mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.
Click the blue box to link and share #thesatsesh love 🙂