Did someone say Summer? That’s right guys this is our last link up until September. Frankly I’d be two faced to write posts on how being present is important and then be stuck to a device rather than spending a sizzling summer with my boys. So, its good bye from #thesatsesh until September. However, I’m present on Instagram at the moment, so keep in touch via this visual corner of the web or click my blog as I’ve set myself a goal to write more content (twice a week) over the summer, this is mainly as I can now keep my eyes open passed 8pm, unlike my usual working weeks and I love to type when little dude sleeps.
In my house the Mr is mainly home for our dude, so its no surprise that I loved this post from Little Bears Dad all about the equality of parents, who is my featured blogger for this week. As many of you are aware my job in teaching is largely pastoral and I can tell you that their are many Mums who treat their children horrendously, Dad’s who are so distant they are irrelevant and just like the pro’s the con’s are 100% non genital related. After the child’s been conceived what matters is consistency, time, love and and a sprinkle of magic (Okay, magic is a bonus). I adore the clear structure of ‘Dads turn LB’ and the photo of him with his son as a new born creates a squishy heart moment, in truth I think its a bit sad that in 2018 we still need to talk about equality, about why Mums and Dads make equally good parents. Whether two parents are better than one, how children raised by same sex couples may/may not be missing out…..AHHHHH okay, I’ve begun to rant, but honestly if you sat in the child protection conferences that I do, if you have seen that money, race and gender are irrelevant to a child safety, happiness and ability to thrive, then perhaps you too would rant. To little B’s Dad – thank you for speaking out, for creating a platform to inspire other parents and for keeping it real.
Please join us for the last linky before we break, by simply clicking the blue box below and don’t forget to comment on the 4 posts as stated below. Also, thanks for being an awesome community of bloggers 🙂
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays@mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on one of each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.