Well, if you read week #24 you’ll know this week was full of late nights and meetings…then it snowed. England rarely gets covered in flakes so unlike hardcore places like Canada we crumbled; transportation stops, the infrastructure crumbles and every child prays for a snow day.
Sadly, despite my cohost Hayley promising to snow dance for me, I never got my snow day. BUT I did get to pick my son up from school on Friday with his Daddy, plus his little mate came with us for some sledging memories. It was lots of fun and it totally filled my cup up. I was home early thanks to cancelled meetings and tonight we are celebrating the weekends arrival with pizza and treats. It just goes to show that you never really can predict the week you’re going to have and I was certainly delighted to spend some ‘bonus’ time with my tribe.
Teri from ‘The Rhyming Mum’ is my featured blogger this week, as her post resonated with my bonus time with my dude…the poem is titled I’ll do anything for you and you absolutely need to click the link and have a laugh/ cry to this talented ladies latest piece. If I’m honest I have a bit of a blog crush on her, I wish I could rhyme as well…alas its a little like my singing, in my head I sound like Adele out loud my family are quick to run. My favourite from Teri’s poem in the stanza that talks about loving with age…
“Even when you’re 52,
With children who look up to you,
And a partner who looks after you too,
I’d still do anything for you.”
Umm…yup, I am totally that Mum too! Parental love is a unique gift that seems to balance ‘you’ve taken me to the edge’ to ‘ohh you’re so cute’ in seconds. I honestly didn’t think I’d see the little dude much this week and I’m so grateful that we not only got to create memories together as a family, but were also able to stay safe and warm when it was needed.
Feeling blessed, lets roll into week 25 of #thesatsesh. Thanks to all of those that badges up and commented this week, please don’t forget to give others the love by following the rules. As always, you can pop over to Hayley’s blog Mission Mindfulness to see who she has picked as her featured blogger.
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays @mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.