Whoop! Couldn’t wait for 2018 and #18 to coincide, it just seems right some how? The numbers are aligned and after a cluster-f*ck week at work (seriously child protection can be hard on the heart) I am celebrating this weekend…all weekend. I am celebrating for no reason other than why shouldn’t I? Mr F is currently bemused by my desire to sparkle, dance (in the kitchen), open Pink Champagne and generally savour every moment. I’m not letting his negativity stop me, why….because we all have so much to celebrate, which leads me effortlessly on to my featured bloggers post.
This week I have selected Jules from Siena Says and her post titled ‘Is it bad taste to share the Christmas haul?’ perhaps an odd choice in the middle of January…nope, its pure genius and I love reading posts and thinking to myself ‘why didn’t I write that’. Jules was our last linky lover this week and I’m so thrilled that she made it to the party with minutes to spare. Her post isn’t really about Christmas but how ‘people’ over share on social media, at times glamorising there lives and also what they have / haven’t bought for their children. *I feel at this point I should own up to posting a champagne cork on my IG feed @fridgesays moments before writing this and now feeling like a hypocrite (cringe) however her words are powerful, on the topic of ‘under the Christmas tree photos she writes…
I find it all in very poor taste and it does smack of a growing ‘look at me’ culture, (but then that is the nature of social media whether we like it or not!) I worry about the values it is teaching our young people, it fosters a deep seated importance placed on consumerism and ownership of things. (Siena Says)
whilst Jules grabs a featured blogger badge from my side bar, you might also find time to see who Hayley at Mission Mindfulness has selected. For anyone who is new to our linky, Hayley is my cohost and we are both Teachers – So brace yourself for the rules and lets get #thesatsesh #18 going!
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays @mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.