An annual blog post that is selfish in nature but I hope that I inspires you to also capture moments of growth and joy within your world. I now have a mighty nine year old and by capturing these yearly questions I’ve realised he came into the world knowing who he was and what he liked. In essence the answers he has given have been the same answers since he could speak…green has always been his favourite colour and despite eating a wealth of flavours from across the world…pizza is his go to. As a result this year I’ve altered some of the questions for a little more information.
1. What’s something I might not know about you? You don’t know what I do at school because you aren’t there
2. If you was a teacher and you had to teach your students something, what would it be? Probably mythology and drama – not together.
3. What’s your favourite fruit? Avocado
4. What do you like to watch on TV? Star Wars
5. What do you like to eat at lunch? Bagel with avocado and Turkey
6. Who’s in your family? My Mum, Dad, Pearl (our dog) Burple (leopard Ghecko) and Nathaniel (tortoise)
7. What item of clothing do you most like to wear? My coat with the fur collar (recorded in summer whilst temperatures are in the high twenties)
8. What game do you like to play? Rugby and football
9. What’s your favourite animal? Crocodile
10. What song do you most like? The theme song from Moon Knight (Marvel film)
11. What makes you feel thankful? I have things other people don’t
12. Favourite book? All of them, I could never pick? (The boy adores reading)
13. What makes a good friend? Someone that can help you, listen to you and is loyal. Kindness is essential but not just how they treat you but how they treat those around you…
14. What’s your favourite sport? Rugby
15. If you had a pet dragon what would you name it? Well what kind of dragon is it? (I let him pick as I’m not down with the dragon selection?) …moonblade
16. What do you sleep with? Teddies and pillows – so many pillows
17. What do you like best for breakfast? The triple carb that I invented at Laurens wedding (my cousin)… *bread, Nutella, a croissant, Nutella and bread. He named it, built it and devoured it.
18. What qualities are important in a person? Helpful, kind and someone polite and generous, that likes to stand up for people in need, some adults don’t even say thank you!
19. What do you think the world needs more of? More pets, love and choices
20. What’s your favourite dinner? Pizza and macaroni cheese. (Yup, he puts the macaroni on top of the pizza)