Sometimes a blog just writes itself, this is one of those. Today I did an assembly and my message at the start was about making time to listen over the christmas break – then imagine a practical where 200 girls are sitting back to back and describing an image on the projector and you are beginning to understand the concept of chaos and how I spent 8:40am – 9am. The message (although entirely lost in the chaos) is true however, when I look back on Christmas pasts I remember the little details, the moments of hilarity, traditions and the conversations with loved ones that are no longer here.
As we enter week #16 of #thesatsesh linky we are saying goodbye for a small break until 2018. Why? because I want time with my family, to listen and to make memories – I don’t wish to be editing, commenting and updating my social network. whatmyfridgesays.com will however continue to have new content (because frankly this is my therapy and i’d go mad without typing over the Christmas holiday). This leads me beautifully on to my featured blogger this week, who wrote about teenagers needing social media ‘time out’ and as a teacher who works with 1,400 teenagers I couldn’t agree more. Sophie from Old house in the shires hit the nail on the head with this post and I would 100% recommend a read.
We teach children how to walk and even though social media is so very new to us also, we need to be teaching children about social skills, perimeters and when to put the phone away. The christmas break seems a good time for this, and I will certainly be popping my i-gadgets to the side for memories this season. I also love the honestly that comes through Sophie’s post and the battle of mental health that is like a shadow to most modern day issues. So, give it a click and thank you to all our regular bloggers from #thesatsesh crew that have joined myself and Hayley my co-host on our linky learning curve. Please return in the New Year because 2018 would be sad without your content and comments.
Now, lets link up, badge up and follow the RULES:
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays @mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.
2 thoughts on “The Saturday Sesh #16”
Thank you for the mention, Lucy! Enjoy the time with your family! Happy holidays….phew glad that term is over. x
Still three more days to go for me 😦 but I’m defo looking forward to stopping x
LikeLiked by 1 person