Welcome to week twenty four of our lovely linky. This week was the one before the storm…a slow paced week prior to more data being inputted, parents evenings, meetings and meetings about meetings for meeting tick box sake. So I took advantage of being home and present in the moment. I purposfully made time in the week for some couple time – we decided to watch a film and on another evening do some yoga together, I also had time with my son for some creative play, a little extra school work (for him) and made some of his favourite meals. I also made time for me, so my nails are painted and whilst I marked in the week I popped on a face pack – bliss! Ive also started a new book for leisure purposes which always makes me smile. Reading seems to feed my soul.
This week my featured blogger nicely links in with the theme of my future weeks – parents evening. Click the link here to read Empty Nest Mummy’s funny and honest account of her fear – Teachers. Both Hayley my cohost and I are exactly that and so rather than resonating as a parent, I found myself on the other side of the desk laughing at how someone could fear 4ft11 me. However, in the up coming parents evening I promise to smile a little larger, speak a little slower and hopefully win over any anxiety ridden parents. My career is super important to me, I feel privileged that parents trust me, us and our school with their most precious piece of their hearts, but I never thought for a moment that I made anyone feel fearful…
“It’s the teachers, and their Special Powers of Parental Control, that reduce me to a quivering ball of fear”
As my son started school himself this academic year I do find it odd sitting on the other side of the table, but I will confess a secret to our special powers quoted above…we are human and parents are often really scary. Particularly if they are writing notes, nodding when a nod isn’t something you saw coming, or frankly they are arguing with the other parent in front of you (totes awk). Please take time to read this fab post and why not see who Hayley selected as her featured blogger this week by clicking here . Rules for this weeks linky are below and I look forward to seeing your photo’s on IG by using the hashtag #thesatsesh
- Link up You can link up to 2 posts, old or new
- Grab a badge Please do add #thesatsesh badge. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code into the text/HTML area of your post within your publishing platform and its located in my side bar for your ease.
- Tweet Share your posts on Twitter using the linky hashtag #thesatsesh and tag us in for retweets @fridgesays @mummy_mindful. Follow us if you don’t already please.
- Comment sit back, relax (its the weekend after all). Please use #thesatsesh and in usual linky etiquette comment on each of the hosts posts, mine and Hayleys, the post before and after yours. If you comment on more, that would be wonderful but FOUR is more than enough
- Following the rules means you may qualify for our featured blogger announced weekly, plus this linky is run by school teachers so detention for anyone that doesn’t.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: Come and play in our IG community by using #thesatsesh for photos of your weekend or perhaps connected to a post you’ve linked. Follow us on Instagram @fridgesays and @mission_mindfulness_blog and we will keep up to date and follow you back.